By THOUSIF INC
1. Florida has more toll roads and bridges than any other state in the Union.
2. The small town of Pierson in Northeast Florida is known as the Fern Capital of the World.
3. The highest point in Florida is only 345 feet above sea level.
4. Florida has more golf courses than any other state and is home to the World Golf Hall of Fame.
5. The Florida Everglades is the only place on the planet where crocodiles and alligators live together.
6. Florida’s largest river, the St. Johns River, is one of only a few major rivers that flow from south to north.
7. Florida is the largest producer of watermelons in the country. It also produces the most tomatoes, strawberries, and sugar.
8. Tampa Bay is the world’s largest occupied wooden structure at 820,000 square feet.
9. You may be surprised to learn that Jacksonville, Florida, is the largest city in the United States in terms of area.
10. Sure, there are long lines at Disney World. After all, annual attendance is about 17 million people.
11. It would make sense that mechanical refrigeration was invented in Florida.