By THOUSIF INC
Actress Neve Campbell will sadly not be returning for Scream 6.
The actress released a statement on Monday explaining her "tough decision" to not return for the next installment of the horror franchise.
She appeared in the original 1996 teen slasher and continued to star in the first five films in the franchise.
"Sadly, I will not be making the next Scream film."
"As a woman, I have had to work extremely hard in my career to establish my value, especially when it comes to Scream," she said in a statement.
"I felt the offer presented to me did not equate to the value I have brought to the franchise."
"It has been a tough decision to move on. To all my Scream fans, I love you. You have always been so incredibly supportive of me."
"I am forever grateful to you and what this franchise has given me over 25 years," Campbell adds.
During a panel at the Mad Monster Party, Campbell previously hinted that her return to the horror franchise was undetermined.
"They have approached me. There is no script yet. There is a draft coming in soon, is what I was told," she explained at the time."
I was supposed to call a producer yesterday because he wanted to talk to me about what was going on. You know, we will see. I will read the script and see how I feel."
Campbell's fellow star, Courteney Cox, has confirmed that she will be returning to the franchise.
She shared in December on the Just for Variety podcast that she had just received the script.
"I got the script yesterday," she said at the time.
"I have not read it yet; I just got it; I am excited to read it, and I know they are going to start filming, I think, in June, in Canada."