By THOUSIF INC
1. At his 50th birthday bash, Lionel Richie performed at his luxurious villa in Goa.
2. For his 60th birthday, he called Enrique Iglesias to the same venue. This, while employees of Kingfisher Airlines protested for their delayed payment.
3. He bankrolled the first Formula 1 team in India - one of the most expensive fields to get into, and he paid €90 million.
4. He owned a fleet of luxurious cars, including a Porsche Boxter, a Rolls Royce 204, a Ferrari, a Maserati, and more.
5. He paid Rs 1.5 crore to buy Tipu Sultan's sword, which had been taken by the British. He later apparently gave it away, bringing him 'bad luck'.
6. At the time of buying, Mallya's Goa mansion, known as Kingfisher Villa, was worth Rs 90 crore.
7. He owned a fleet of private jets, including a Boeing 727, a Gulfstream, and a Hawker 700.
8. He paid $6 million for the 25,000 acre Mabula Game Lodge in Johannesburg that has 47 rooms and was home to many exotic animals and birds.
9. Mallya paid $61 million for a luxurious property on the Island of Sainte-Marquerite in France called Le Grand Jardin or The Grand Garden.
10. He even owned a 400-acre horse farm that was exclusively used for breeding horses for racing. It is called the Kunigal Stud Farm in Karnataka.
11. He owned one of the largest private yachts globally, bought for $93 million. It was equipped with its helipad. He also owned another yacht worth $3 million.