By THOUSIF INC
1. Argentina produced the world’s first animated feature film in 1917.
2. Yerba Mate is the most popular drink in Argentina
3. Argentina is home to both the highest and lowest points of the Southern Hemisphere
4. The capital of Argentina Buenos Aires translates to the ‘good airs’ or ‘fair winds’
5. Argentina is the King of Beef but this is changing.
6. The Argentinian flag is blue and white triband, with a yellow sun in the centre.
7. Argentina’s most famous freedom fighter Che Guevara’s name was actually Ernesto Guevara
8. Government officials banned parents from naming their children Messi in the football star’s hometown
9. Gauchos are Argentine cowboys.
10. Argentina is the home of Tango.
11. Pato is the national sport of Argentina
12. 97% of Argentinians have European roots
13. The name Argentina, derives from the Latin word for silver
14. The remains of the largest known dinosaur were discovered in Argentina
15. Pope Francis used to work as a nightclub bouncer in Buenos Aires
16. Football legend Maradona has inspired a religion
17. Argentina sent a pregnant woman to Antarctica in 1977 to try and stake claim to a part of the continent
18. Argentina went through five Presidents in just ten days
19. The Falklands War was never an official war
20. Previously, Britain had helped to make Argentina one of the richest countries in the world
21. Argentina has had two female presidents
22. The first-ever use of fingerprinting for identification occurred in Argentina in 1892
THOUSIF Inc. We produce the best viral articles, videos and web story content to the worldwide audience.