By THOUSIF INC
1. "A life is not important except for its impact on other lives."
2. "The right of every American to first-class citizenship is the most important issue."
3. "Life is not a spectator sport. If you are going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion, you are wasting your life."
4. "When I am playing Baseball, I give it all I have on the ball field. I certainly do not take it home when the ball game is over. My little girl sitting out there would not know the difference between a third strike and a foul ball."
5. "Above anything else, I hate to lose."
6. "The most luxurious possession, the richest treasure anybody has, is his dignity."
7. "This ain't fun. However, you watch me, and I will get it done."
8. "I do not like needing anyone for anything."
9. "How you played in yesterday's game is all that counts."
10. "I think if we go back and check our record, the Negro has proven that we have been more than patient in seeking our rights as American citizens."
11. "Many people resented my impatience and honesty, but I never cared about acceptance as much as respect."
12. "I am not concerned with your liking or disliking me. All I ask is that you respect me as a human being."
13. "Baseball is like a poker game. Nobody wants to quit when he loses; nobody wants you to quit when you are ahead."
14. "I never cared about acceptance as much as I cared about respect."
15. "The most luxurious possession, the richest treasure anybody has, is his dignity."
16. "There is no American in this country free until we are free."
17. "Negroes are not seeking anything that is not good for the nation and ourselves. For America to be 100 percent strong economically, defensively, and morally, we cannot afford the waste of having second and third-class citizens."