By THOUSIF INC
1. On May 12, 1980, Rishi Sunak was born in Southampton.
2. His father worked as a GP in the National Health Service (NHS), and his mother ran her pharmacy.
3. Rishi Sunak's grandparents were from Punjab.
4. He is married to Infosys chief NR Narayana Murthy's daughter Akshata Murty, and they have two daughters, Anoushka and Krishna.
5. Boris Johnson chose Rishi Sunak, 42, and appointed him Chancellor of the Exchequer, in his first full cabinet position, in February 2020.
6. Sunak had a successful business career before entering politics. He previously co-founded a prominent investment firm.
7. Ladbrokes rates him as a joint-favourite with former Defence Secretary Penny Mordaunt.
8. He was penalised for defying the Covid lockdown and attending a Downing Street gathering as a teetotaller.
9. Also known as 'Dishy' Rishi, he was put in a precarious position because of his wife's non-dom tax status.
10. He was the Chancellor of the Exchequer from February 2020 to June 2022.
11. Since 2015, he has served as Richmond (Yorks) Member of Parliament (MP).
12. Sunak previously held the positions of Chief Secretary to the Treasury and Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Local Government.